Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Monday, December 19, 2005

Congratulate me!

When you sign up with Weight Watchers and weigh in for the first time, they give you a booklet that identifies your current weight (mine was 239 lbs fully clothed) and your "10% goal" (23.9 lbs for me). When you reach your 10% goal, there's a big celebration with marching bands and confetti, and small children with sparklers run out to meet you.

OK, maybe not. But they should have. They do give you a keychain.

Regardless, hubby and I both hit our 10% goals at our weigh-in on Saturday. On top of that, we both hit our 25-lb goal. I don't see how, but we did. And after the meeting, we went home to plan for our party Saturday.

Which means we'll be up this week. And next week, we'll get to hit that 10% goal all over again. Sorta like that Cher "Farewell All Over Again" tour.

2 Comments:

  • Go YOU GUYS!! (Confetti, confetti.) You rule!

    My number on the scale this morning: sobering (for me). Operation: get ass back in gym starts TODAY.

    By Blogger Jax Peach, at 11:30 AM  

  • I think I need to start Operation: put ass back on the bowflex again. This morning I was up not only over last Saturday but the Saturday before too.

    By Blogger Ben, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home