Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Les phénomènes

So I'm working on my French over my lunch break. Oh, note to the Parisian reader who stumbled through here seven minutes after I think that little tantrum cleared my learning block. It's making some sense again. Je t'aime.

So I'm working on my French over my lunch break, and my current exercise is on irregular verb forms. Loosely translated, the exercise runs something like this:
In a conversation with Lise Dulac, Mr. and Mrs. Sauvignon discover that they have a lot in common with her. How do they respond to her statements?
  1. Lise: In summer, I open all my windows.
    The Sauvignons: Us too, in summer we open all our windows.
  2. I go on vacation in July. Us too, we also go on vacation in July.
  3. I grow flowers in my garden. Us too, we also grow flowers in our garden.
  4. I know many people in the quarter. Us too, we also know many people in the quarter.
I don't know where Lise met these people, but maybe she oughta be looking for an exit strategy and soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home