Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Life in the fishbowl

Lately I’ve been having more than my standard amount change, and it’s mostly been for the better. New cube, new company, new hat… somebody cue Patti LaBelle. But there’s one change that just can’t live with. Apparently my new cube isn’t quite level, so my door has two default positions: all-the-way closed, or wide-the-fuck open. And my apologies if you were expecting a show, but I’m not an exhibitionist.

I don’t see any easy way to adjust the door, so I checked with my admin. She’s going to see if she can get it fixed. If not, I did a little searching online yesterday. A couple of options: loosen one of the hinges in the frame and slide a chunk of cardboard in behind it. (The goal is to either level the door or maybe even make it swing the other way.)

The other option? Take the pins out of the hinges and whack them with a hammer. So they won’t swing so easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home