Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Tally Town

I've been telling my friends about this for years, but I don't think any of them ever get down to Tallahassee, so they probaby haven't seen it. But I get up this morning and turn on Fark, and wah-LA*. A photograph of the incredibly phallic state legislature of Florida, as seen from Apalacheecola Parkway.

Those "domes" sit over the state house and senate. BTW, the building in the foreground is the old legislature building.

From where the photographer is standing, Governor's Square mall is on your right. And on your left is Hartsfield Elementary School where I used to work. On a street called Chowkeebin Nene**.

*See? My French is coming along nicely, thank you.
**Pronounced Nay Nay, like Shane'ne'.

1 Comments:

  • Oh my. Is THAT why they (meaning *I*) call it Talla-TRASHY??

    By Blogger Jax Peach, at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home