Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Thursday, December 22, 2005

My hero

So here I am, like 6 feet away from the shortbread, and so far I've been able to avoid it completely today, thanks to a few things.

1. My abject despair over acting like a starving pig yesterday.
2. My Prince Of Wales tea.
3. Fruities.

Yes, Fruities. They're a faux candy sorta chewy thingee that Weight Watchers sells, probably for a buttload of money*. They're like one point for the whole pack of twelve. I didn't think I'd like them, because I don't usually crave candy. But for days like this, when I'm trying to keep something in my mouth** so I don't bury my nose in the shortbread, they work pretty well. They're little rubbery things that taste sorta like Coolie.

Oh. My. God. Does anybody else remember those Coolie commercials, where a bunch of people dressed up in Coolie cartons go running over the hill like that last scene of The Seventh Seal, all while those kids keep singing that insipid little cutesy jingle?

Coo Coo Coolie! Orange Coolie! Lemon Coolie! Coolie Fruit Punch!
Coolie in the morning! Coolie at lunch! Natural fruit flavors: orange, lemon, punch!

*I didn't buy these. They were a free promotional thingee.)
**Oh, stop it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home