Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Thursday, December 22, 2005

In which I become a fat-ass grinch

So I've been really lucky with Weight Watchers so far. At my last weigh-in, I was down by 26 lbs since we started in October. In fact, every weigh-in so far has been down, and all but one have been down by more than a pound. Down over Thanksgiving, down the first two weeks of December.

Then this week hit.
  • Weigh in Saturday morning.
  • Christmas party Saturday night.
  • Birthday party Sunday.
  • On Monday, our print vendor sent us a gift basket from Harry & David.
  • Tuesday, our admin brought in homemade cookies.
  • Yesterday, a co-worker brought in a Whitman's sampler box.
  • Dinner most of the week has been left-over food from Saturday's party.
Our editor usually makes small bags of homemade shortbread as a gift for everyone in my department. Hubby doesn't care for it, so I usually end up eating it all myself. Can't help it. It tastes like lard and flour, dusted with sugar. So while I appreciate the gesture, I was sorta dreading this year and wondering how I was gonna deal with it. This year, she didn't have time to package them, so she brought in a huge tray of shortbread along with ziploc baggies and told folks to fill up their own bags.

And nobody's done that yet. So all that food is still sitting in my admin's cube: Harry & David, cookies, chocolate, shortbread. I ate maybe a third of the shortbread that was consumed yesterday.

And this morning, I was up a full 4.5 lbs over last Saturday's weigh-in.

This morning, I brought in a box of truffles that our neighbors gave us Saturday night, and I put them in the breakroom for our floor. (It serves about 100 people, as opposed to our admin's cube, which serves a dozen people.) They were completely wiped out in 30 minutes.

It's my first step toward damage control.

3 Comments:

  • I am TOTALLY chubby this week. I'm, up, like 5 pounds since the first week of December.

    Of course, what Genesis does not tell you is what God REALLY said to Eve, "Girl, you're going to have all kinds of pain during childbirth and you'll be bloated up like a manitee for three days a month." (You wondered where that was going, didn't you??) Ugh, I feel like ass.

    So don't feel bad. But probably about half my extra chub is due to that bitch with the apple.

    By Blogger Jax Peach, at 9:40 AM  

  • We've got some friends who are doing WW over in Tucker. They're on a modified experimental plan that adjusts your point based on all sorts of factors... and one of them in gender. Like, guys get EIGHT more points a day than chicks. They're thinking we may all get switched over after the 1st of the year.

    So, yeah. Apparently the good folks at WW have a copy of that annotated bible.

    By Blogger Ben, at 10:10 AM  

  • One of them even is gender.

    Good thing I don't have to write for a living.

    By Blogger Ben, at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home