Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Friday, December 30, 2005

Much better

Thanks for tolerating my little rant a few days ago. As you may have noticed, I never promised you a rose garden. But I also didn't warn you just how dark it can get in here. I've really only had two or three episodes like that since Thanksgiving, and that was about the worst of them. BTW, and in case you're worried about me, I was much better as soon as I typed it. I didn't realize how cathartic this can be.

I have an old friend who tells the story of being in a dark funk once, and another old friend (whom I've never met, I don't think) told her she needed to put her energies into writing. Or as he phrased it, "Go. Write. Only you can drain the poison from your soul." He hit that nail square on the head.

Incidentally, she's a published sci-fi author now.

Anyway, thanks for putting up with me. As I write this, it's 5:55 on New Year's Eve Eve, and hubby's in the bunny suit getting ready to paint Fiver*. We've been taping it up all day, and I'm just spent.

*You have no idea where this name came from, do you?

2 Comments:

  • can you say who the author is, i am curious to know if i've read any of her stuff?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 PM  

  • Sure. It's Leah Cutter (www.leahcutter.com). We worked together a milllion years ago at a company called Century Design (which also employed Robert Pirsig at the time he was writing Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, but I never met him). Leah was my manager for a short time while I lived in Austin, TX. She's had a two or three novels published, and I think has a new one due out soon.

    By Blogger Ben, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home