Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Monday, April 24, 2006

Helen says Hey

Well, we survived the trip up to Helen with nary an incident. There was a late-night storm on Friday, but it cleared out by late Saturday morning and left us with beautiful weather. In the show, we took People’s Choice in the Late Open class (late model convertibles). And they closed down the main drag through town on Saturday afternoon to let the pedal through.

Aside from that, there’s really not much else to tell. Of the five meals that we ate while in town, one was an awards banquet, one was lunch at Wendy’s, and the other three were Huddle House1. Not my choice, I might add. I stopped by (more bad polka alert; enter at your own risk) looking for German magazines, but all they had were the German equivalent of Women’s Day. I did pick up one of their Bavarian cream muffins, though. Those alone were worth the trip.

We forgot to take the flamingo with us, though. He stayed home and watched the house.

Last night, Trailerboy turned me on to the wonders of Starbuck’s Light Frappucino, or however you spell it. Basically it’s a Frappucino made with skim milk and Splenda, and no whipped cream. The tall ones2 are three points for most flavors, but the mocha is only two points. I had a caramel one last night. It’s actually very much not bad.

Tonight is more Deutsche mit Hans-Peter. I’m actually more comfortable about tonight’s class than last week. I did OK last week, but I’ve been brushing up, so I ought to be able to follow him better. We’ll see how it goes.

1They have French fries, you know.
2That’s “small,” for the English-speakers in my audience.

2 Comments:

  • No hating on the Huddle Hiz-ouse.

    (That was my first job in high school, dear readers.)

    By Blogger Jax Peach, at 4:40 PM  

  • I know, I have them ALL.

    They didn't want to hire me, but then I pointed out in the Constitution how it says they can't discri-mini-tate based on race, gender, color, creed, sexual orientation, height, weight, or dental health, and they hadda let me.

    By Blogger Jax Peach, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home