Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Friday, March 10, 2006

In which the Normans go back home

My, It turns out that it may be humanly possible to achieve all the goals I set for myself, but only if you don’t care about having any chance at any social life whatsoever. With that in mind, I’m officially marking one of my goals off my list. French, for me, is done.

At this point, I speak and understand it as well as I ever did, so I can’t say that I’ve failed. And I did make it to the end of Pimsleur Level II. But I don’t see much point in continuing to practice, seeing as how it’s not really a language I want to speak. If we end up going to Paris next year (dates set: June 24 to July 1), I’ll brush up a little before we leave so I can at least ask where the toilet is located. Outside of that, my traveling companions will just have to find another translator.

And it’s pretty much official: Rob and I will be taking German classes next month at the Goethe Institut. Now if we can just do it without going out for ein bier oder drei after class and totally blowing our diets...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home