Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Dead Even

Well, if you've checked in at , you already know that he & Rob were both down this week. (Congrats to you both!) Having reached 38.8 lbs last week, I was really hoping to make 40 lbs today.

No such luck. Hubby was own .8 lbs; I was dead even from last week.

That's actually OK. After one or two days this week of feeling like a Somalian refugee1 and gorging myself accordingly, I fully expected to gain a pound or two. So when some chick in the back row of my meeting hit her 40-lb mark today... I smiled and said congratulations.

Yeah, it just kills me to be civil about this. ;o)

BUT I'm still on target to reach my goal weight by late spring or early summer. And I had a terrific moment yesterday when a co-worker told me that I'd lost plenty of weight and shouldn't lose any more. The thing is, she doesn't ever see me without my shirt, or she'd know exactly where my last 20 pounds are located. Onward and downward...

1Ticket for one, express train please. Can I have a window seat?

1 Comments:

  • The last few pounds are the toughest. And yeah, no one ever looks at me and thinks I "need" to lose weight, and I don't "need" to lose weight, but I WANT to lose just a few more pounds around the middle; I'm hardly in danger of looking emaciated, people! ;-) (Not with these knockers. . .oh, er, did I say that?)

    So I understand your plight; you may not "need" to lose it, but would you feel better and be a little healthier if you did? Then go for it! And just keep in mind you're most of the way there and what a great job you've done so far!

    By Blogger Jax Peach, at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home