Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

This SHOULD be cause for celebration

Well, after promising myself that I’d post something every day, I’ve been quiet for nearly a week now. Time to fix that, and this time I’ve got good news.

At my weigh-in on Saturday, I achieved two notable milestones. I’ve officially lost 40 lbs (42 and change, actually), in just about five months. And my fully dressed weight, including shoes, is under 200 lbs now. It’s a big enough change that the picture on my work badge doesn’t quite look like me any more. I was a real porker. And wouldn’t you know it, I’ve still got a spare tire.

I’m not sure how much longer to push it. Crystal has told me (twice now) that I’ve lost too much. So has Theresa (she’s also on ). And last night, even hubby asked me when I was going to stop. I really don’t think I’m in any danger of become anorexic, but I’m not quite ready to stop just yet. According to , I’m still freaking overweight. 25.2. And I’m using my all-starkies, post-pee, no-shoes, early morning weight to calculate that one.

1 Comments:

  • You're not going to believe. . .that is EXACTLY my BMI right this moment as well. So, honey: look at me. You've seen me recently. Is there any the slightest bit of overweightness about me? I, like you, would like to lose a few "winter" pounds that have crept on, I am about 10 pounds over what I was last summer. But just to give you a idea that those numbers aren't always all that accurate for strong, well-built, non-waif-ly people like ourselves. Even since I trimmed up initially in college, I have still always been heavier than my friends. . .but I have always been fitter also. A better indication than weight is what size you're wearing and/or waist size.

    Have you ever had your body fat measured? It's a better indication of where you are in a healthy range. You should think about it.

    I am getting you that recipe I promised, I will do it TONIGHT.

    By Blogger Jax Peach, at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home