Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I'm still fat, but at least I'm not stressing about it.

Update: Dang. When I blogged about this commercial, I had no idea it was gonna keep garnering hits the way it has. Apparently that commercial is getting a lot of attention. But now I’m curious what people are hoping to find about it. If you’ve stumbled across my blog because you searched for “feel good pill,” would you leave me a comment (anonymous if you want) and let me know if you’re:

  • Considering Relacore as a weight-loss aid
  • Considering Relacore as a mood-enhancer
  • Not considering Relacore but intrigued by these latest claims

I don’t work for Relacore or any other interested party, and I won’t use the information for anything but to satisfy my own curiosity. Thanks!

A few days ago at the breakfast table, I saw yet another one of those commercial for weight-loss pills. This time it was , and this time it was different. Instead of telling me how much weight I was going to lose, they told me that belly fat is caused by stress, and that even skinny people can benefit from taking Relacore. In their own words:

While millions are taking Relacore to help reduce stress-induced belly fat, millions more use Relacore as a “feel-good pill.”

Really. They even registered the domain name . Klicken Sie herein to see the commercial.

And that’s followed by a parade of skinny, beautiful people (well, most of them are) telling me how Relacore changed their lives. That includes the requisite whiny bride who’s dealing with the stress of her wedding.

Here’s a thought. Elope. Your family and friends will love you for it.

Another quote:

My wife really does notice because I come home, I’m more calm throughout the night, I’m able to focus with her and the kids...

Of course, all that’s followed with the disclaimer that you should use Relacore in conjunction with any sensible diet and exercise program. But you know, any sensible diet and exercise program would net you a weight loss anyway. So can somebody tell me exactly what Relacore is supposed to do, besides dope you up so you don’t care that you’re fat?

1 Comments:

  • Methinks you may have hit on it with the stress/overeating connection... though I agree it's a long way from saying Relacore will help you lose weight. But marketing it as a feel good pill? That just has I'm-sold-in-a-stand-next-to-the-incense-at-the-register-in-your-local-cheap-tacky-jiffy-mart written all over it.

    By Blogger Ben, at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home