Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Friday, February 03, 2006

Huh?

I'm spending my Friday afternoon importing music from CDs to my iTunes program at work. If you've done this, you know that iTunes checks some online database whenever you insert a new CD and automatically downloads the album and track names, artist, genre, and all that stuff. So you don't have to type it in.

So I'm importing an unusual CD, which was produced in a very limited run. It's a recording of the dedication concert for the new Nichols & Simpson pipe organ at the Cathedral of St. Augustine in Kalamazoo Michigan, played by Ken Cowan. When I put in disc 1, the database search finds nothing. Well, duh. This ain't Coldplay. But when I put in disc 2 - which is a single track (a 19-minute work called "Jesu, Meine Freunde," written by ) - iTunes downloads the following info:

Album name: Charge Tension Discharge
Artist: ChopShop
Album: Charge Tension Discharge
Genre: Jazz

Um... No. Don't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home