Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I can't be reading this right

I like Neal Boortz, a lot. I really like his view of employer/employee relations, especially now that hubby is self-employed and providing jobs for 6 or 7 other people. I like the FairTax. And as far as talk show hosts go, he's one of the few who's willing to call out his own side when they do something stupid. Most of the time. Having gotten all that out of the way...

You heard about the wreck in Florida yesterday that killed 7 kids. 15-year-old driving, six siblings in the car, stopped behind a school bus. A tractor trailer rear-ended them without touching his brakes. The car was pushed into the school bus, and all seven kids were killed.

Did Boortz really say that if the 15-year-old were not driving these seven children may well be alive today?? (Third item down). What, because someone else might have been there? Or maybe the truck would've hit the bus directly. I can't believe I'm reading that right, and I've triple-checked myself. That's a direct copy-and-paste from his website. To be fair, he also said:

...it is true that the driver of the car ... the 15-year-old driver of the car ... did not cause the accident. The blame for the accident goes to the dump truck driver who smashed into the car while the car was stopped behind a school bus. No skid marks. The dump truck never hit the brakes.

Come on, Boortz. Even your insensitivity isn't that advanced.

Update: I screwed up the "future" link yesterday. It's here now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home