Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The tightest ship in the shipping business


See that screen cap? That's alleged proof-positive that I can drop off a Fedex package at 1140 Hammond Drive as late as 8:30 pm. So after driving 12 miles over there from Hubby's shop last night, and searching for the drop box in the dark, and getting there at 8:25, I see the sign on the front of the dropbox. The latest pickup at this box is at 7:00 pm. It has occurred.

I drive 12 miles back to the Fedex distribution center near my house. Their latest pickup is at 6:00 pm. Which makes perfect sense, because we wouldn't want to make them drive all the way out to the corner of their own building to collect these packages.

I stop by my local Kinko's, which has now been assimilated by Fedex. Their latest pickup is 8:00, which doesn't surprise me. But I want to know if they can point me toward a late-late-night drop box. It's by the airport.

I drive another 30 miles to the address they give me, and I can't find it anywhere. I find a huge freakin' Fedex distribution facility. I ask for directions from several people in the area, to no avail. I find a lot of hotels. I share the highway with jumbo jets. I make a wrong turn and end up at the north terminal passenger pickup for Hartsfield International*. I give up and go home. I guess I was mistaken when I thought it absolutely positively had to be there overnight.

*I don't care what Jabba did or did not do for the airport. It was every bit negated when his family chose to take a building that was named after another Atlantan and add his name to it. And I refuse to recognize their intrusion on its name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home