Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Friday, January 06, 2006

An educational opportunity

When I moved to Atlanta lo these many years ago, Fernbank was a small brick science center on the edge of Decatur that offered presumably boring educational experiences to grade-school kids. And thus it remained for quite some time, an extension of your 7th-grade science class.

Nearly four years later, the foundation behind Fernbank opened , which was considerably cooler than ... mainly because it had . A few years later came the first in the area. In a stroke of marketing genius, that was followed by (R), a hip place for young adults to spend Friday evenings , , , and visiting all sorts of exotic places against a soundtrack by or .1

Well, I've just seen an ad for their upcoming exhibit on , arriving on 2/11 and sticking around 'til August. If my weight is up this week2, I'm blaming it on the billboard I just passed.

No word if they'll hand out free Hershey bars at the end of the tour.

1One would think the camera movements would induce copious amounts of audience members to lose possession of the martinis they've already consumed, but I can tell you that it hasn't happened while I'm there. Then again, I tend towards the early shows when I go
2It was down again last week. Yay, me!

1 Comments:

  • I get motion sick on a dime, but I survived Everest drunk with no problems.

    By Blogger Jax Peach, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home