Extraordinary Popular Delusions

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

With apologies to James Stockdale

I have no clue what I'm doing here. I have lots of other things going on in my life... so many that I can't really devote enough time to getting any of them done. Maybe I'm just your classic over-achiever. Yeah, let's go with that.

As I write this, I'm at work, and I have beaucoup work to plow through, which brings me back to that question Why am I here? And the answer is that I still have no clue. I mean, there are few other blogs that I read every day, but I don't know that I'll have the time or energy to publish my own. But my friend Jon just started a blog, and I'm following along. Because yes, Mom, if Jon jumped off a cliff, I'd have to follow him.

You know, if I'd started earlier this week, I could have begun by saying Today is Halloween... (which is cool) or Today is All Saints' Day... (which is possibly even cooler). But today is Wednesday, November 2, 2005. Not nearly as impressive, but there you go. I'm nothing if not a procrastinator.

There's a lot more I could say about myself, but I'll let you figure that out as we go. Suffice it to say that I write for a living (boring, nonfiction stuff, but it pays the bills). Let's see how long I can make my life appear interesting to the casual observer.

1 Comments:

  • Your sister jumped off a cliff, too. . .and mom raised pretty good kids, so it MUST be a good idea :-)

    By Blogger Jax Peach, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home